Our school mission is ‘Continuing Christ’s Mission’.
This was chosen by all members of the school community and reflects our calling, as followers of Christ, to continue his work.
Our aim is to ensure that St. Patrick’s is a happy, safe and caring community where everyone is welcomed and included.
At St Patrick’s:
- Children are encouraged to thrive intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually.
- Everyone and everything is valued and appreciated.
- The potential of all is nurtured and developed.
- Christian values are at the heart of all we do.
At St Patrick’s RC Primary School every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to our school. Our Values Education is intended to support the personal, social, moral and spiritual development of every pupil. The values that we explicitly teach are based on Christian values and also incorporate the fundamental British values; democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths.
The whole school team and all pupils are involved in promoting the values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’.
Through our Values Education we aim to:
- Improve behaviour and conduct by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
- Develop pupils understanding of what values are and why they are important in our life.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives, both in school and out.
- Promote values in the way that adults interact with each other and with pupils.
- Display the school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them whilst in school.
- Encourage parents to support at home by promoting the value of the month in newsletters, school website and parent events.
- Enable children to focus on the positive aspects of themselves that they can value, in order to remind them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and the wider community.
- The Values Education consists of 22 values which are explored over a two year period.
- Each month a new value is introduced, developed and promoted by all staff in every aspect of school life.
- Assembly and collective worship themes will be linked to the value.
- Circle time and PHSE & C activities will be used to discuss and promote values within each class and positive values will be reinforced at every opportunity, e.g.playtime.
- Planned lessons will be delivered each month to focus on that month’s value.
- Values are displayed in the school entrance, the school hall and within each classroom.
- The Values Education is closely linked to PHSE & C and Religious Education.